Skip to main content

House - The Harsh Doctor Everybody loves



house


House is one of those shows everyone watched at least one episode of while zapping through their TV. I’m one of those people who didn’t immediately get into it, having only watched a couple of episodes from the first season and never the whole show.

Too Good, Too Much


When I found it on Netflix, I decided to give it a try. The show is obviously good and Hugh Laurie amazing, but at some point, I was tired of it and stopped watching for a while (8 seasons in a row is just too much). When I started it back up, I was able to follow through and finish it; however, I didn’t have the same level of interest as before…

That happened to me with other good "doctor shows," like The Good Doctor or New Amsterdam. They just end up tiring you out. 

Not Totally Right, Not Totally Wrong


The puzzles are the best part of the show, of that I have no doubt. But it does lack something. In the beginning, I felt like we should get to know the team better, as actual people, their personal life, their tastes, their problems, their motivations, and doubts, but then… I didn’t like it when that actually started to happen.

I can’t explain why, if it was their stories, the way these were introduced to the audience, the situations that seemed a bit forced into the middle of random scenes… It turned out to be more boring than I had expected, and the only reason I watched it was for the interesting medical cases.

The constant team changes, the constant “you are fired” and “you are not fired anymore” without any logic or reason, were just unnecessary and contrived. 

Good Show, Far From Perfect


Generally speaking, it was an undeniable good show, with a huge fandom, which is probably why the flaws seem to stand out. Besides, like many others, the more seasons it has, the worse it loses some of its qualities over time.

The finale was another major problem from my point of view. The end might look very philosophical, but I found it illogical, a bit out of context and it ended up throwing me off what could’ve been better closure to the show.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmaid’s Tale – From Brilliant to Frustrating

  When The Handmaid’s Tale first aired, it felt sharp, terrifying, and painfully necessary. I wrote about the first season as a dark and brilliant adaptation, one that used restraint, symbolism, and dread to tell its story. Now that I've finished the third season, my opinion has shifted — not wholly, but noticeably. The show is still good . Sometimes very good. But it also became frustrating, uneven, and less powerful than it could have been. June Osborne: From Survivor to Exhaustion Let’s talk about June (Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men ). I understand the idea behind her arc. She was meant to evolve — to become more confident, more assertive, more dangerous. A woman shaped by trauma who stops surviving and starts fighting back. On paper, it makes sense. On screen, however, it often doesn’t work. June becomes reckless to the point of irresponsibility. She repeatedly puts others in danger without seeming to fully care about who might be caught in the crossfire. Her actions feel impuls...

Grief in the Shadows: Why 'The Silencing' Stands Out

  A moody thriller about grief, violence, and how far we go for the ones we love. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ( Game of Thrones ) is Rayburn Swanson , a former hunter who now lives in isolation, running a wildlife sanctuary named after his missing daughter. Years after she vanished, Rayburn is just barely functioning—haunted, grieving, and clinging to the hope that she might still return. When a murdered girl turns up in the woods with eerie similarities to his daughter's disappearance, the local sheriff, Alice Gustafson ( Annabelle Wallis ), launches an investigation. Rayburn, meanwhile, accidentally crosses paths with a mysterious masked figure hunting a girl on his land. This encounter pulls him into the heart of the case in ways he never expected. The investigation twists, misleads, and slowly unravels, building toward a reveal that isn’t obvious—and intentionally so. Nothing is as straightforward as it seems. Themes of Grief and Family What makes The Silencing compelling is...

Gangsta Granny – Hilarious and Surprisingly Moving

  I have a ten-year-old daughter, and one thing we like to do is read the same books so we can talk about them afterward. Gangsta Granny was a birthday gift for her, and she read it so quickly that it immediately made me curious. When a child finishes a book that fast, you know something is working. When I finally read it myself, I was pleasantly surprised — and completely charmed. A Story That Is Funny and Moving At first glance, Gangsta Granny is a crazy, over-the-top, and very funny story. David Walliams clearly knows how to make children laugh, using absurd situations, exaggerated characters, and a fast-moving plot that keeps young readers hooked. But beneath the humour, the book is also sweet, touching, and emotionally rich. What starts as a wild adventure slowly reveals a story about family, loneliness, empathy, and learning to truly see the people around us. This balance reminded me of Roald Dahl’s books , where outrageous humour and emotional depth coexist effortles...