Skip to main content

Zootopia - Movie Review


Zootopia


Well, what can I say about this movie, in addition to “I laughed a lot!”? I really don’t know. 

It’s a hilarious movie. I could watch it more than once, and I’m sure I would be laughing nonetheless. It’s a kids’ movie, but there are some jokes that only you will laugh at, and that's what makes it so enjoyable to watch.

(Not so) Subtle Criticisms


The whole movie has an enormous number of good characters. Some are nice guys, and some are terrible and mean. The usual for a kids' movie, right? I believe Zootopia went a bit further.

The criticism ranges from prejudice within the police because of Judy’s delicate appearance to the corruption and abuse of power shown by Bellwether.

However, for me, the most amazing ones were the sloths. I couldn’t stop laughing, as well as getting annoyed by how slow they were. Very close to many real public departments, I must admit. 

Yes, you can. If you fight for it.


What I like most about the overall story is that the message is not simply “you can be anything” or “you can do anything you want”. The main character doesn’t have an easy life, and her dream isn’t as amazing as she thought it would be. Judy has to work very hard, even harder than other people, to get where she wants.

In my opinion, this is the most important lesson. Especially in these days where kids aren’t taught that yes, they can do and be anything… with effort! Lots of work and effort, and even some sacrifices. 

Zootopia is a very interesting movie, and I’m waiting for my little girl to grow up a little bit more, so I can show it to her.



If you liked this movie, consider taking a look at Zootopia 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmaid’s Tale – From Brilliant to Frustrating

  When The Handmaid’s Tale first aired, it felt sharp, terrifying, and painfully necessary. I wrote about the first season as a dark and brilliant adaptation, one that used restraint, symbolism, and dread to tell its story. Now that I've finished the third season, my opinion has shifted — not wholly, but noticeably. The show is still good . Sometimes very good. But it also became frustrating, uneven, and less powerful than it could have been. June Osborne: From Survivor to Exhaustion Let’s talk about June (Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men ). I understand the idea behind her arc. She was meant to evolve — to become more confident, more assertive, more dangerous. A woman shaped by trauma who stops surviving and starts fighting back. On paper, it makes sense. On screen, however, it often doesn’t work. June becomes reckless to the point of irresponsibility. She repeatedly puts others in danger without seeming to fully care about who might be caught in the crossfire. Her actions feel impuls...

Grief in the Shadows: Why 'The Silencing' Stands Out

  A moody thriller about grief, violence, and how far we go for the ones we love. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ( Game of Thrones ) is Rayburn Swanson , a former hunter who now lives in isolation, running a wildlife sanctuary named after his missing daughter. Years after she vanished, Rayburn is just barely functioning—haunted, grieving, and clinging to the hope that she might still return. When a murdered girl turns up in the woods with eerie similarities to his daughter's disappearance, the local sheriff, Alice Gustafson ( Annabelle Wallis ), launches an investigation. Rayburn, meanwhile, accidentally crosses paths with a mysterious masked figure hunting a girl on his land. This encounter pulls him into the heart of the case in ways he never expected. The investigation twists, misleads, and slowly unravels, building toward a reveal that isn’t obvious—and intentionally so. Nothing is as straightforward as it seems. Themes of Grief and Family What makes The Silencing compelling is...

Gangsta Granny – Hilarious and Surprisingly Moving

  I have a ten-year-old daughter, and one thing we like to do is read the same books so we can talk about them afterward. Gangsta Granny was a birthday gift for her, and she read it so quickly that it immediately made me curious. When a child finishes a book that fast, you know something is working. When I finally read it myself, I was pleasantly surprised — and completely charmed. A Story That Is Funny and Moving At first glance, Gangsta Granny is a crazy, over-the-top, and very funny story. David Walliams clearly knows how to make children laugh, using absurd situations, exaggerated characters, and a fast-moving plot that keeps young readers hooked. But beneath the humour, the book is also sweet, touching, and emotionally rich. What starts as a wild adventure slowly reveals a story about family, loneliness, empathy, and learning to truly see the people around us. This balance reminded me of Roald Dahl’s books , where outrageous humour and emotional depth coexist effortles...