Skip to main content

A Cinnamon Falls Mystery: Give It Time to Unfold

 

A Cinnamon Falls Mystery

Some books take a little while to convince you to stay. A Cinnamon Falls Mystery by R.L. Killmore was one of those for me.

The beginning felt slow, and honestly, I wasn't sure I'd find the story particularly interesting. It has quite a bit of an introduction, with the characters and the town being established, and since I'm not particularly drawn to romance, I wasn't immediately invested in where the story seemed to be heading.

Once the Mystery Begins, Everything Changes

Once the pieces are in place and the murders enter the story, A Cinnamon Falls Mystery becomes much more engaging. Suddenly, secrets emerge, questions need answering, and enough suspicious details make you want to keep reading.

That's when I really got into the investigation.

Instead of simply following the characters as they try to figure things out, I found myself wanting to be there with them, looking for clues and trying to work out what was really happening. The story is easy to read, but it still offers plenty of mysteries and secrets to keep you hooked.

And because it moves along fairly quickly once it gets going, it becomes the kind of book you can get through surprisingly fast.

Two Perspectives, One Investigation

The story is told by a third-person narrator rather than from inside the story itself, but the chapters alternate between two of the main characters.

I liked this approach because it allows us to follow what is happening from both sides. We get to see different pieces of the investigation and experience events through two characters rather than being limited to a single perspective.

It also helps keep the mystery moving. Just when you think you might understand what is happening, you get another piece of information from the other side.

And Then There's Midnight

One of my favourite little details was Midnight, the cat.

The cat doesn't need to play a major role in the story to be memorable. Midnight brings a bit of humor and lightness to a mystery that naturally grows darker as the investigation develops.

Sometimes those small details are what make a story feel more alive.

An Easy Mystery to Get Lost In

A Cinnamon Falls Mystery didn't grab me immediately. In fact, I almost thought it wasn't for me.

But I'm glad I didn't give up.

Once the introductions are out of the way and the mystery takes center stage, the story becomes much more compelling. There are enough secrets, murders and unanswered questions to keep you turning the pages, without making the book difficult or heavy to read.

If you're looking for an easy, entertaining mystery with a small-town atmosphere, plenty of secrets, and a story that gets better once it finds its rhythm, A Cinnamon Falls Mystery is worth a try.

Just don't give up on it too early.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmaid’s Tale – From Brilliant to Frustrating

  When The Handmaid’s Tale first aired, it felt sharp, terrifying, and painfully necessary. I wrote about the first season as a dark and brilliant adaptation, one that used restraint, symbolism, and dread to tell its story. Now that I've finished the third season, my opinion has shifted — not wholly, but noticeably. The show is still good . Sometimes very good. But it also became frustrating, uneven, and less powerful than it could have been. June Osborne: From Survivor to Exhaustion Let’s talk about June (Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men ). I understand the idea behind her arc. She was meant to evolve — to become more confident, more assertive, more dangerous. A woman shaped by trauma who stops surviving and starts fighting back. On paper, it makes sense. On screen, however, it often doesn’t work. June becomes reckless to the point of irresponsibility. She repeatedly puts others in danger without seeming to fully care about who might be caught in the crossfire. Her actions feel impuls...

Grief in the Shadows: Why 'The Silencing' Stands Out

  A moody thriller about grief, violence, and how far we go for the ones we love. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ( Game of Thrones ) is Rayburn Swanson , a former hunter who now lives in isolation, running a wildlife sanctuary named after his missing daughter. Years after she vanished, Rayburn is just barely functioning—haunted, grieving, and clinging to the hope that she might still return. When a murdered girl turns up in the woods with eerie similarities to his daughter's disappearance, the local sheriff, Alice Gustafson ( Annabelle Wallis ), launches an investigation. Rayburn, meanwhile, accidentally crosses paths with a mysterious masked figure hunting a girl on his land. This encounter pulls him into the heart of the case in ways he never expected. The investigation twists, misleads, and slowly unravels, building toward a reveal that isn’t obvious—and intentionally so. Nothing is as straightforward as it seems. Themes of Grief and Family What makes The Silencing compelling is...

Gangsta Granny – Hilarious and Surprisingly Moving

  I have a ten-year-old daughter, and one thing we like to do is read the same books so we can talk about them afterward. Gangsta Granny was a birthday gift for her, and she read it so quickly that it immediately made me curious. When a child finishes a book that fast, you know something is working. When I finally read it myself, I was pleasantly surprised — and completely charmed. A Story That Is Funny and Moving At first glance, Gangsta Granny is a crazy, over-the-top, and very funny story. David Walliams clearly knows how to make children laugh, using absurd situations, exaggerated characters, and a fast-moving plot that keeps young readers hooked. But beneath the humour, the book is also sweet, touching, and emotionally rich. What starts as a wild adventure slowly reveals a story about family, loneliness, empathy, and learning to truly see the people around us. This balance reminded me of Roald Dahl’s books , where outrageous humour and emotional depth coexist effortles...